The Believers are an enemy unit introduced in Metal Slug Attack.
The Believers are devoted followers of an unnamed religion under the new High Priestess Anastasia IV. The sect is very secretive and virtually unknown to most outsiders. They are bitter allies with the Ptolemaic Army through a connection between Ptolemaios and the sect's valued treasure.
The Believers wear gold-trimmed, hooded robes that leave their faces obscured with glowing red eyes.
The Guardians are similar to the Believers in terms of attire, although their robes are orange, and parts of their face can be seen.
- Master: Manager of the sect's members. The current Master Believer served Anastasia III, and has helped Anastasia IV in overseeing day-to-day tasks. He is clad in white robes and is armed with a laser gun.
- Elite: A high-ranking member of the sect, obtained through merit. They are clad in black robes and have guns that work similarly to the Ptolemaic Cultists', shooting out floating projectiles that home in on their targets.
- Soldier: Common members of the sect, in which only the most capable can join. They are clad in gray robes and have access to numerous transportation and weapons, although many prefer to use their "Wall of Trials", a massive stone slab which can be used for both offense and defense.
- Guardian: A new position created by Anastasia IV. Only women are eligible to become Guardians, who undergo extensive training. They are equipped with a gun that works similarly to the one used by the Master Believer, albeit lacking range. Their extensive training allows them to phase in and out much like Anastasia I does, while generating a large orb that shoots projectiles everywhere.
- The Believers' sprites and weapons are edits of the Masked Soldiers.