Big Shiee is a large amphibious battleship designed for traveling on water and land, using its tracks to travel like a conventional tank. It is armed with several cannon battery, as well as a large main cannon which is hidden on the front. It literally serves as a land battleship.
All the side-cannons of the tank will constantly fire at the player, so the player must keep moving all the time while shooting them. Once at least four to five of the cannons are taken down, the boss will show its main cannon, a short-barreled huge-caliber weapon which fires a large heavy shell. This cannon is also used on the second boss in MS4 (Toschka Dalanue). If the player avoid the shell and are above it when it explodes, they will be flung into the air which is a perfect opportunity to damage the large cannon with the one on the Metal Slug.
|Battleship Big Shiee: Found in Metal Slug 2: Super Vehicle-001/II and Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle-001. The original amphibious battleship created by the Rebel Army|
|Carrier Big Shiee: Found in the fourth mission of Metal Slug 6 as a background. It looks more realistic and many turrets have been removed for conversion to an aircraft carrier.|
|Ghost Big Shiee: A Big Shiee that was formerly owned by pirates, though it rose up again under mysterious circumstances. It fires more shells than its original version, and is capable of evading enemy attacks.|
|Terrain Carrier: A Flying Tara carrier version of the Big Shiee, with only 4 turrets, it has longer threads and lacks some details, only appears in Metal Slug: 2nd Mission.|
|Morden's Battleship: A possible Big Shiee variant armed with a giant Gatling gun and missile launchers. Only appears in Metal Slug 3D.|
|Big Shiee MK II: A modified Big Shiee that is used by the Blaze Brigade. This Big Shiee possesses even more plating than its original variant, and the shells it fires leaves behind a raging inferno which burns enemies caught it in to a crisp.|
|Mirage Shiee: A sunken Big Shiee that has risen from the depths of the sea. Its main cannon instead fires squids that electrocute ground targets.|
|Golden Shiee: A Big Shiee painted gold. It was developed by researchers who believed that it worked most efficiently with its main battery, and as such, attacks solely with it, despite possessing smaller cannons as with its previous models. The main battery fires two different shells - the standard shell, and a golden shell which explodes and scatters into smaller projectiles twice in a large area-of-effect. It also possesses enhanced armor plating, blocking a few projectiles and greatly reducing damage from specific attacks.|
- The Big Shiee is based on the real-life Yamato-class Battleship used by the Japanese Navy in WWII.
- When the giant cannon takes enough damage, the remaining cannons explode by themselves.
- In Metal Slug 2/X, the Big Shiee appears to be moving on (an unseen) body of water, as the boss starts to sink when it is destroyed.
- The Emain Macha's treads are reused from the Big Shiee.
- The turrets used by the Big Shiee resembles the turret of the Japanese cruiser in the World War II.
- Morden's Battleship from Metal Slug 3D bears some resemblances to the Big Shiee but is otherwise a different unit with a different layout of weaponry and ship design, not to mention being able to travel on top of and under sand.
- The Big Shiee was meant to fire bombshells with fire trails, the sprites are present but it was not used during gameplay, however, Wall Crawler appears to shoot bombshells similar to Big Shiee's.