The Di-Cokka is an enemy in the Metal Slug series. It is one of the Rebel Army's main tanks in the Metal Slug series, being used in tough fights.
This tank was developed by using stolen designs of the Regular Army MBT, the Sand Simon, modifying them to make it more compact and reduce the production costs. The Di-Cokka has a 155mm smoothbore cannon capable of rapid fire, but the turret is not usually seen rotating. This tank was mass-produced by the Rebel Army due to its low production cost, thus is seen the most in the battlefield.
Upgrades & variants
|Di-Cokka: This version is the most commonly seen. It is the original model, with all-around stats.|
|Di-Cokka MK II / Di-Cokka (Amadeus): A quicker firing Di-Cokka, first appearing in the fourth mission of the original game. Just like the standard model in movement speed, except it fires quicker and has upgraded armor. In Metal Slug Attack, this variant of the Di-Cokka is operated by the Amadeus Syndicate.|
|Future Di-Cokka: The Future Rebels brought with them an advanced version of the Di-Cokka, which has better shielding (double that of a regular one) and fires an energy blast instead of a 155mm smoothbore. It is painted tinged-blue.|
|Morden's Di-Cokka: This variant, ridden by Morden, does not really attack and is always invincible when seen attacking (or being attacked by) Invaders. It also appears in Metal Slug 7/XX when the players are destroying the future portal. This version of the Di-Cokka also appears in several of the mobile games series. It also appeared in Metal Slug Defense as a gift for the 23 million download event. In MSD, this variant is the toughest version.|
|Di-Cokka Ver. P.M: The Ptolemaic version of the Di-Cokka is faster and has an upgraded rate of fire, firing without needing to charge like the original model does. No enemy soldier is seen coming out of the vehicle when it is destroyed, suggesting that it is unmanned. It may also suggest that the driver, loader, and gunner of the tank are killed inside and that the shells are highly explosive, or maybe even nuclear.|
|Di-Cokka (Zombie Army): This version of the Di-Cokka fires flashing rockets, while the Zombie Army's Girida-O fired a smoothbore shot. (in other words, the tanks' weapons were essentially switched around)|
|Di-Cokka MK II: An upgraded version of the Di-Cokka. It fires more shells than the original, is faster and has more armor. Appears in Metal Slug Attack.|
|Di-Cokka (P.F.): A Metal Slug Attack-exclusive upgraded version of the Di-Cokka, which serves as Nikita's personal vehicle. Apart from a double cannon, it is also equipped with a "Solanoid" cannon which is a mini-version of the Tani Oh's Andro Cannon. Unlike the Rebel variants which collapse, this Di-Cokka is rigged to explode when critically damaged.|
|Golden Di-Cokka: Another upgraded version of the Di-Cokka, now painted gold. It fires even more shots than the previous versions, and also rams itself into the nearest target upon being critically damaged. Appears in Metal Slug Attack.|
|Di-Cokka P.F (Halloween): A Halloween-themed variant of the Di-Cokka that fires from a pumpkin-themed cannon. It is far more durable than the original P.F Di-Cokka but in exchange of less firepower. Once again, it is ridden by Nikita, except she sports a zombie costume.|
|Regular Army Di-Cokka: A mass-produced version of Nikita's Di-Cokka, except it fires single shots that cover much more range than any of its previous variants. Like Nikita's Di-Cokka, it is also rigged to explode into enemy positions when critically damaged.|
- The Di-Cokka's design is based on the American M22 Locust, produced during World War II. It also bears some resemblance to the M4 Sherman. Its armament is reminiscent of fast-loading, short barrel 75 mm guns, either the German 7.5 cm KwK 37 mounted on early Panzer IV models or the American 75 mm M2/M3 Howitzer mounted on M8 Scott (a derivative of M5 Stuart light tank designed for indirect fire support role).
- The first early concept of the Di-Cokka has a resemblance to the M3 Lee used in WWII . The second early concept File:MS1DiCokkaEarly2.gif had an unusual, futuristic design with two sets of treads (two small ones at the front, and two larger ones at the rear), along with a second lower cannon.
- These would indicate that the Di-Cokka was originally to be armed with two cannons, much like the Sand Simon that it is based on.
- When the tank is damaged enough to render it useless, the driver will pop out and flee, or use an RPG-2 before fleeing.
- To deal with the tank's attack, the player simply has to crouch to evade the shots, as jumping over them might be risky. However, this tactic does not work for all the types of tanks used by the Rebel Army.
- The Di-Cokka's Tracks are same as the ones on the Sarubia.
- The Ptolemaic version of the Di-Cokka somewhat resembles the M4A3E8 "Fury".
- The number 88, on the side of the tank possibly refers to skinhead language, where 88 means 'Heil Hitler' (H being the 8th letter in the alphabet). This could be a reference to the resemblance between General Morden's army and the 3rd Reich in Germany during WW2.
- While the Di-Cokka's turret is not seen rotating on its own, one of the cutscenes for Metal Slug 3D, where Allen O'Neil commands a massive legion of Di-Cokkas against a Regular Army base in a desert, some of the tanks are seen having their turrets rotating.
- In Metal Slug Defense, the Di-Cokka's color is green the same color as Morden's Di-Cokka.
|Enemy Vehicles and Armed Structures|
|Combat||Di-Cokka | Bull Chan | Girida-O | Iron Iso | Melty Honey | MV-280B | Mini-Bata | M-15A Bradley | LV Armor | MV-280C|
|Support||MV-280A | Dararin Dara Dara | 3-ton Utility Truck | Landseek | Nop-03 Sarubia | M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van | Double-Decker Bus | MG-36 | Ferry Boat | Subway | Turrets | Morden Saucer | Walking Locomotive | Mine Carts|
|Aerial||R-Shobu | MH-6J Masknell | Flying Tara | Eaca-B|
|Marine||Hammer-Yang | Jet Hammer-Yang | U25U | Mini-Sub 88|
|Vigilance||Mosque Artillery | Balor | Scrap Tower|
|Division 6||Japanese Tank Soldier | Null Fighter|
|Ptolemaic||Black Hound | Hover Vehicle | Hover Unit | A.P.C. | Ptolemaic Slug | Units | Ptolemaic Saucer | Mammoth Tower|
|Unused||KT-21 | Stone Turtle | Scrap Fan|