Duke Koudou is a recurring NPC in the Metal Slug series.
As a Businessman
Duke Koudou works for a Japanese game developer. He works mostly promoting the company's games around the world, always carrying some AES cartridges, a catalog of new products and a set of memory cards inside his briefcase. However, Duke is a little distracted and usually ends having his briefcase stolen (by the player, as a pickup for some bonus points), making him blame whoever he was talking with. Usually it is some delivery boy, who runs away crying, emotionally scarred for life.
- In both games, he is at the beginning of Mission 1 where he is talking to an Arabian merchant outside of a small house. Sometimes, he is replaced by another merchant.
- In Metal Slug 2, he's at the beginning of Mission 4 where he talks to a delivery kid.
- In Metal Slug X, he shows up in the Final Mission inside the Rebel base seemingly talking to a POW who is tied to a wooden pole. When the particular POW is cut free, Duke will stop gesturing and just stand there. It is possible he was trying to negotiate a price for the POW's freedom.
As a Civilian
When not promoting his company, Duke appears in the middle of the battlefield trying to make a conversation. Sometimes, he is randomly seen out in the open (Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001); other times, he is a reward from a POW (Metal Slug 6 and Metal Slug 7/XX). Duke acts as a collectible item, although he is worth zero points when collected. He disappears if left alone.
- The Doctor is a sprite edit of Duke Koudou.
- Duke Koudou is named after the former president of SNK and executive producer of Metal Slug X, Yoshihiko Koudou.
- Duke Koudou was referred by international fans as "Parker". This fan name was made semi-official in a Steam trading card for the first Metal Slug.