The Demon King will answer to one's curiosity. His favorite words are "Watch your head" and "Haste makes waste".
Found hidden at the end of a secret detour in Mission 2 is a box holding an ordinary lamp that rewards 10 points when collected. If the player waits after a few poofs of smoke, the Genie comes off from a magic lamp, then turns into multiple coins while laughing. A second lamp is found by shooting above the first one.
In Metal Slug X, a mummy poison jar is located above the first statue as a trap. Shooting the box with the Shotgun or Flame Shot can hit the trigger of two Hunged Mummies ambushing from both sides.
The Genie also appears in Metal Slug Attack as a visual indicator on all of the Mystery Cranks to indicate the values of the icons from the pull:
- In the MSP and Medal cranks, it will appear when the player rolls a full unit reward.
- In the Box crank, it appears as a normal genie whenever the player pulls a small amount of parts of the featured unit, and it appears as a golden genie when the player pulls the main prize.
- In the Step Up crank, it appears in a manner similar to that of the MSP/Medal crank, and will also appear on any 110x unit icon rewards rolled.
- In the Task Force crank, it appears when the player pulls featured unit parts/items.
- The Genie's laugh is the same as Morden's.
- Given his context, it would've made more sense if he appeared in the first mission, since he is based on a tale from 1001 Arabian Nights.
- His design and color scheme is based on the Genie from Disney's Aladdin.