Gimlet is a playable character in Metal Slug: 2nd Mission.
He is a recruit in PF Squad. On his way to investigate the aims of the rebel army, our hero obtains startling information from a rescued hostage that the insurgents have made contact with space aliens. He requests backup from HQ, but surprisingly he is ignored as they believed he became shell shocked. Reluctantly, he resolves to attack the enemy base single-handedly.
The number below A and B represent the next mission Gimlet takes if he:
- A: Completes the mission
- B: Accesses a hidden route (H), fails to complete a Slug Flyer/Slug Sub mission (F), or completes a mission with the SV-000 Proto 2 destroyed (D).
|1||The Front Line||2||-|
|7||Fatal Express||16||9 (F)|
|14||Reckless Reactor||16||18 (H)|
|21||Deadly Assault||23||25 (F)|
|23||The Tundra King||28||26 (D)|
|27||The Desert||32||30 (D)|
|28||Unearthly Silence||31||33 (F)|
|32||Ocean Depths||35||33 (F)|
|35||Menace Out of the Skies||37||36 (F)|
|36||The Jet Stream||31||-|
In Other Games
Originally a cameo in the game's POW list, Gimlet (along with Red Eye) become purchasable units in the 1.42.0 update; Gimlet uses his Grenade Gun. His sprite has been updated to match the arcade visuals using Tarma as a base. Unlike Red Eye, Gimlet's unique animations weren't transferred over.
Gimlet makes his reappearance in Metal Slug Attack's "Metal Slug Alice" event as a Pack-Shop unit, now available in the POW Shop. His Grenade Gun has been upgraded to shoot more grenades with a knock-back effect.
- He resembles Tarma by his hair and clothing.
- He seems to be wielding a Mauser C96 Broomhandle in Metal Slug Defense on the POW list.
- Gimlet is erroneously named "Marco" in the English manual of Metal Slug: 2nd Mission.
- He is named after a cocktail, similar to Red Eye and Tequila.
- Gimlet's laughing victory animation in Metal Slug Attack has his eye consistent unlike Marco's whose eye noticeably loses its sclera for one frame.