- H crate: Equips the player with the Heavy Machine Gun.
- F crate: Equips the player with the Flame Shot.
- S crate: Equips the player with the Shotgun.
- R crate: Equips the player with the Rocket Launcher.
- L crate: Equips the player with the Laser Gun.
- I crate: Equips the player with the Iron Lizard.
- C crate: Equips the player with the Enemy Chaser.
- D crate: Equips the player with the Drop Shot.
- G crate: Equips the player with the Super Grenade.
- 2/H crate: Equips the player with the Two Machine Guns.
- Z crate: Equips the player with the Zantetsu Sword.
- T crate: Equips the player with the Thunder Shot.
- Nanobot vial: Equips the player with the Thunder Cloud.
- MOBS unit: Equips the player with the Mobile Satellite.
- Allen's M60: Dropped by Allen O' Neil. Picking it up will equip the Heavy Machine Gun. The player cannot pick the gun in Metal Slug 1 and Metal Slug Advance.
- Ammo crate: Gives ammo for the equipped weapon. If no weapon on hand, scores 1000 points.
- Bomb crate: Gives 10 extra ammo for the player's currently held grenades. If riding a Slug, gives 10 extra cannon for the Slug. From Metal Slug X onward, collecting it while crouching in a Slug will receive the player grenades instead.
- Regular grenade: Gives 10 extra grenades. If equipped with a special grenade, it changes to the regular grenade.
- Fire bomb: Gives 10 extra grenades and changes the grenades to the Fire Bomb.
- Stone: Gives 10 extra grenades and changes the grenades to the Stone.
- Cannon: Gives 10 extra cannons to the Slug. If the Slug is equipped with the Armor Piercer, it changes back to the regular cannon.
- Armor Piercer: Gives 10 extra cannon to the Slug and changes it to the Armor Piercer.
- Gas can: Recharge some energy to the Slug. If the Slug has full health or the player is on foot, scores 1000 points.
- Battery: If the Elephant Slug eats this, it will be able to shoot thunderbolts from its trunk.
- Chili pepper: If the Elephant Slug eats this, it will be able to breath fire from its trunk.
Each of these items cures a player's transformation, otherwise they give 1000 points.
- Potion: A vial of holy water that cures mummification.
- Diet Food: Makes the character slim again if they're fat.
- First-aid kit: Cures zombification.
- Special formulae: Changes back to human if they've been turned into a chimp.
- Coin: Given by POWs, found in boxes, or appear out of nowhere. In Metal Slug 6 onward, defeated enemy units spew out coins when the Rush Blaster Meter is maxed out. Grants 10 points. Points are increased exponentially for each extra coin collected in a row, up to 6400 points each. For example:
- 1st coin: 10pt
- 2nd coin: 20pt
- 3rd coin: 40pt
- 4th coin: 80pt
- 5th coin: 160pt
- 6th coin: 320pt
- 7th coin: 640pt
- 8th coin: 1280pt
- 9th coin: 2560pt
- 10th coin: 5120pt
- 11th+ coin: 6400pt
- Treasure Box: Treasure box with ancient riches inside. 1000 points.
- Red Jewel: Red Jewel with a deep brilliance. Gives 100 or 10000 or 30000 or 50000 points, depending on how the jewel shines.
- Amber Jewel: Amber jewel with a bright sheen. Gives 100 or 10000 or 30000 or 50000 points, depending on how the jewel shines.
- Blue Jewel: Blue jewel with a strange glow. Gives 100 or 10000 or 30000 or 50000 points, depending on how the jewel shines.
- Ajirabian Teardrop: A rare gem hidden inside the ruins, and ended up in a corpse of a lost explorer. Gives 50000 points.
Note: Any jewel will give out more points based on how bright it glows.
- Bread: Daily bread found anywhere. Don't wait for it to rot. 500 points. 10 points if rotten.
- Fish: Fresh seafood from the sea. 500 points.
- Apple: A crunchy apple. 100 points.
- Banana: Offers loads of much needed fiber. 10 points each, 100 points for the bunch.
- Turkey: Piping hot turkey made on the island. 1000 points.
- Steak: Arabians love these. 300 points
- Carrot: Good for salads. 100 points.
- Pear: A typical fruit. 100 points
- Watermelon: A tropical fruit. 100 points.
- Lettuce: Light food, excellent for diets. 300 points.
- Turnip: Will bury into the ground if not collected in time. 100 points.
- Barrel of Apples: Carried by trucks of the Ptolemaic Army. 1000 points.
- Dimsum: Contains dumplings, siomai, or pork buns. 300 points.
- Mushroom: Grows in humid places. 1000 points.
- Canned Food: Rations. No food, no fight! 1000 points, 10 points if rotten.
- Fruit mix: Many fruit in bunches. 500 points, 10 points if rotten.
- Chicken Egg: Will hatch into a chick, the chick will grow into a big chicken. 10 points
- Rotten Egg: A chicken's bad lay. It is also dropped by the clones en-masse for the purpose of getting the player fat. 0 points.
- Cat: A kitty cat. 100, or 1000 points.
- Frog: Found in humid places. 500 points.
- Snake: Beware of its bite. 500 points.
- Chicken: Try not to startle it. 1000, or 500 points.
- Nest: A bird's nest. 1000 points.
- Pig: Gives excellent bacon. 1000 points.
- Baboon/Monkey: Cute baboon with an attitude. 1000 points.
- Iguana: A reptile in the jungle. 500 points.
- Chameleon: A reptile that blends into its surroundings. 1000 points.
- Cockatoo: Birds commonly found in the jungle. 2000 points.
- Rat: Rodents who hide in dark places. 1000 points.
- Ming Kong Crab: They're pretty common around these parts. 1000, 300, or 500 points.
- Gold Bat: Can be found in caves, ruins, or tunnels. 30000 points. Don't kill it.
- Emblem: Getting one of those will make the character enter "Combo Mode" to earn extra medals in Metal Slug 4. It also gives the player brief invulnerability.
- Letter: A letter for someone distant. Usually dropped from an R-Shobu. 500 points.
- Medal: A medal of honor. 10 points.
- Small medal: Given to a soldier for his bravery. 500 points.
- Bone: Some leftovers. 100 points.
- Doll: A little doll. 5000 points.
- Teddy Bear: Girls love these. 5000 points. If collected using Fio, the player gets 10000 points for that
- Boot: Some soldier lost his boot. 100 points.
- Key: Maybe it can open a treasure chest. 1000 points.
- Magic Lamp: A Genie will appear after five smokes. 10 points if grabbed too early.
- Underwear: Someone lost it while running away from the Rebels. 100 points.
- Poo: Stray dogs leave these in the pavement. 10 points.
- Golf bag: Used to carry golf clubs. 5000 points.
- Briefcase: Dropped by Duke Koudou. 500 points.
- Duke Koudou: The white haired guy. 0 points.
- Rose: Give this to someone special. 10 points.
|Screens||Status Screen • Continue Screen • Game Over Screen • Recaptured Prisoners • Best Tank Busters • Arcade Settings|
|On-Screen Elements||Missions • Items • Weapons • Slugs • POW • Characters • Enemies • Military Vehicles • Bosses • Environmental Objects • Civilian Vehicles • Rank Medal|
|Actions||Metal Slug Attack • Vulcan Fix • Transformations • Metallish System • Rush Blaster System • Weapon Stock • Deaths • Invulnerability • Canceling • Super Devil Mode|
|Modes||Combat School • Another Story • Another Mission • Storming the Mothership • Fat Island • Office|