The Jupiter King is the third boss from Metal Slug 3.
The Jupiter King is a mechanized robot created by the Rebel Army, designed to guard their secret factory. It is heavily armored in order to protect the nuclear reactor inside the robot's body. The lightly-armored head (which resembles a toy robot's head) is the weak spot of the robot. The left hand of the robot is a missile launcher, allowing the robot to fire a large number of homing missiles. The right hand of the robot is a pincer claw, which is used to destroy the ground in front of it. The robot's eyes are also capable of firing lasers to vaporize the player. It also has a "belly button" that can create a rocket, which the robot grabs and plunges into the ground.
In battle, the robot continually moves to the right, while it attacks by firing a series of missiles, firing a deadly laser from its eyes, and change its pincer claw to destroy the ground. After taking a certain amount of damage, the robot will use a new attack; launching a large rocket from its "belly button" and grabbing it with it's pincer claw, then crashing it into the ground, destroying the ground as well as causing a fireball to fly over the player.
Upgrades and Variants
Mini Jupiter King: There is a mini version of the Jupiter King in Metal Slug Defense as a special reward for 20 million downloads. It has the same features but lower attributes. It returns in Metal Slug Attack as an obtainable unit through the Medal/V.I.P. Crank, combining the special attack of its original variant as a long range attacker and the Special Attack of the MK II.
Jupiter King MK II: : An improved version of Jupiter King with some graphical changes: all red parts of it are now purple (including the missiles and its inner head) and its pincer claw now moves forward and backward all the time. This version seems to have lost it's eye lasers, but it's possible that it just prefers not to use it. It is also a lot better armored than the original one. This is one of the few units that only appear in Metal Slug Defense and Metal Slug Attack.
Jupiter Queen: Another variant of the Jupiter King, this time made by the Ptolemaic Army. It is colored in pink and silver/white, it also uses its eye laser for its normal attack and its Pyro-Arm for its special attack. Only obtainable in the Extra Ops event Queen's Battle in Metal Slug Attack. Special Caroline controls a Mini Jupiter Queen, called "JW-032mini".
Golden Jupiter: As it name implies, it is a golden version of Jupiter King. It uses the pyro arm and the laser. Now both attacks produces deadly fireballs to damage the enemies, and if it is attacking, it won't be destroyed until the animation ends. Unlike it's predecessors, the "lightning" created before using the laser can also damage units it touches.
Mini Jupiter King MK II: A mini version of Jupiter King MK II. It's stronger than the original Mini Jupiter King, and can use it's laser, as opposed to it's "giant" counterpart. Similar to Golden JK, the "lightning" deals damage to units it touches
Sky Jupiter Queen is a version of the Sky King built by Caroline during her captivity by the Rebel Army. She then used it to escape. It attacks with missiles and straight-firing eye lasers.
- This boss, as the entire third stage, is a reference to the game Metal Gear.
- The Jupiter King is one of the few bosses that are robots.
- While fighting the boss, you will notice that the background is a reference to the background of mission 2 in Metal Slug while you are fighting the Hairbuster Riberts.
- When the boss is destroyed, there's a really high chance that the robot's head color will appear bronze instead of silver.
- In Metal Slug Defense, you can buy this robot and use it like a normal unit after you have beaten the last level of stage 10 in the second world.
- Despite Jupiter King having the third most highest AP cost in the game at 900 AP, it has a lack of attack - It can only fire lasers with its eyes and has a very long delay time. These problems were solved in the 1.20.0 update. With this update, Jupiter King can fire faster with the same delay time as most other units.
- The Jupiter King MK II has the same AP cost and cooldown time as the original one but its stats are way better than those of the standard Jupiter King (i.e. Jupiter King has 15.000 HP at level 30 with Jupiter King MK II having 40.000).
- In Metal Slug Attack, Jupiter King is available as a playable unit which requires 80 parts to unlock. You can find parts in Attack Stage: Elite 10-4. It is also improved now, since it can use most of its attacks from MS3 rather than being relegated to 2 versions from MSD with its own separate attacks.
- Jupiter King has also been available to fight as a target in its own Extra Ops event, consisting of MK I's (MSD ver and MSA ver), MK II's, and Mini Jupiter King
- As of Version 1.7.1, Jupiter King MK II is available for a limited time as a pre-requisite unit bundle with 4750 medals. It will be available later in the Medal/VIP Crank. As opposed to its portrayal in MSD, Jupiter King MK II has lower AP than MK I with only 500ap at base, lower HP, and its attack is revamped with it using only the huge missile slam, and the specially produced fireball. However it is no longer available in the Mystery Crank.
- Jupiter King can be acquired by beginner players by logging in for 7 days.