Parker is a recurring NPC from Metal Slug.
As a Businessman
Parker works for a Japanese game developer. He works mostly promoting the company's games around the world, always carrying some AES cartridges, a catalog of new products and a set of memory cards inside his briefcase. However, Parker is a little distracted and usually ends having his briefcase stolen (by the player, as a pickup for some bonus points), making him blame whoever he was talking with. Usually it is some delivery boy, who runs away crying, emotionally scarred for life.
- In both games, he is at the beginning of Mission 1 where he is talking to an Arabian merchant outside of a small house. Sometimes, he is replaced by another merchant.
- In Metal Slug 2, he's at the beginning of Mission 4 where he talks to a delivery kid.
- In Metal Slug X, he shows up in the Final Mission inside the Rebel base seemingly talking to a POW who is tied to a wooden pole. When the particular POW is cut free, Parker will stop gesturing and just stand there. It is possible he was trying to negotiate a price for the POW's freedom.
As a Civilian
When not promoting his company, Parker appears in the middle of the battlefield trying to make a conversation. Sometimes, he is randomly seen out in the open (Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001); other times, he is a reward from a POW (Metal Slug 6 and Metal Slug 7/XX). Parker acts as a collectible item, although he is worth zero points when collected. He disappears if left alone.
- The Doctor is a sprite edit of Parker.
- In his Japanese profile page, Parker is known as Duke Kodo (デューク･高堂) and he works as the president for a video game company. Given his context, Duke Kodo is named after the former president of SNK and executive producer of Metal Slug X, Yoshihiko Kodo.