|Leader||General Donald Morden|
Allen O'Neil Jr.
|Area of Operations||Worldwide|
|Enemies With||Regular Army|
Ptolemaic Army (Metal Slug Attack)
|Affiliated With||Arabian Infantry|
Oguma Corporation (betrayed in MS3D)
Ptolemaic Army (Metal Slug Infinity)
The Rebellion Army was born out of and as a consequence of multiple terrorist groups that began to emerge in the opening of the 21st century. For the majority of that century's first 20 years, the Rebellion Army as we know it did not exist - the terrorist groups had no real cohesion, and though they were a nuisance to the Regular Army they weren't really considered a globe-shaking threat.
Little is known about the organization's ideology (despite the visual resemblance to Nazi Germany in their uniforms and flags), but it can be safely assumed that they seek to overthrow the World Government and establish an authoritarian state (or possibly a totalitarian one) under the iron fist of its general.
- 1 History
- 2 Ranks
- 3 Units of the Rebel Army
- 4 Vehicles and Artillery
- 5 Hired Arms
- 6 Trivia
The Central Park bombing in 2023 changed all that, when it was discovered that among the casualties was the wife and daughter of a prominent member of the Regular Army's intelligence agency - Donald Morden, who also lost the use of one of his eyes as a result of the incident. Morden was distraught, and when he discovered that the Regular Army could have prevented the bombing and subsequently his wife and daughter's deaths, but did not due to the level of corruption in the government and military, he collapsed, turning for a brief period to rampant alcoholism before resigning in disgust. Morden was a well-respected leader and many of his troops (including his best soldier, Allen O'Neil) went with him, vanishing into the mists.
Fast-forward to five years later, in 2028. After a period of relative peace, Morden reappeared at the head of the Rebel Army- a vast and powerful military organization formed by combining the existing terrorist groups he now controls with Morden's own defected troops. Morden then launched the first of several coups to attempt to overthrow the government and free the military of corruption.
The Rebel Army is more than a match for the Regular Army: the resources at their disposal are horrifyingly vast and varied, ranging from legions of fanatically loyal infantry wielding every kind of weapon imaginable to long columns of tanks in all sorts of forms to monstrous and enormous death machines that can each take on entire armies. Though they have been defeated multiple times (always at the hands of the Regular Army's elite troops led by Marco Rossi) they are intent upon achieving their goal, and will not stop until it is completed.
The Rebels are fanatically intent to end the governmental and military corruption, and have been known to go to extreme ends to do so, including allying themselves with the Amadeus Syndicate and even the otherworldly Martians to gain extra muscle. These endeavors usually end in a double-cross (or even a triple-cross), however, and often the Rebel Army finds itself fighting alongside the Regulars to save the world for the both of them (and, once, alongside the Regulars and the Martians in a desperate battle against the Invaders).
Rebel Army troops are renowned for their fearless devotion to duty, though they have been known to cut and run if the situation looks particularly grim. Their ranks are seemingly endless and their weapons are brutally effective, if a bit outdated in comparison. Despite this, they continually find themselves outmatched by the superior fighting skill of the Peregrine Falcons unit, hence resulting in their numerous defeats. By the end of the main Metal Slug series with Metal Slug 7, they have been almost wiped out, but although defeated, they are not ready to give up yet.
The Rebel Army has many uniforms based on its rankings and are of operations due to its militaristic nature. They highly value the hierarchy and individual merits.
|Green Rebel: Common woodland uniform of the Rebel Army.|
|Golden Rebel: Uniform worn only by Rebels carrying items. They are also known as Special Forces in Metal Slug Attack and Metal Slug Infinity.|
|Pink Rebel (MS3): Uniform worn by playable Rebels from the minigame Storming the UFO exclusive to the PS2/Xbox version of Metal Slug 3.|
|Winter Rebel: Uniform used in snowy terrains for camouflaging purposes. They only appear in Metal Slug 4.|
|Pink Rebel (Advance): Uniforms worn by Rebels in Metal Slug Advance. Some appear alongside the red Emain Macha while others appear as ambush groups.|
|Blue Rebel: Uniforms worn by Rebels in Metal Slug Advance. They highly resemble the Amadeus Syndicate uniforms; it is unknown if they are affiliated or not.|
|Future Armor: Futuristic armored uniform worn by the Future Rebels.|
|Bodyguard Rebel: Gray uniform worn by bodyguards. They only appear in Metal Slug Attack.|
|Beatriz's Bodyguard Rebel: Black Rebel uniform worn exclusively by Beatriz's bodyguards.|
|Blaze Brigade Rebel: Red uniform worn by soldiers from the Blaze Brigade.|
Units of the Rebel Army
General of the Army
- Abigail (Commander; Morden's assistant)
- Dion (Lieutenant officer/Second-in-command)
- Allen O'Neil (Commander; Morden's right hand)
- Destrade (Second-in-command)
- Navy (Director of the Rebel Army's research division)
- Vita (Experimental cyborg created by Navy)
- Nova (Future Rebel; Vita's clone)
- Emma (Mechanic)
- Millefie (Iwa Oh pilot)
- Unnamed Rebel Scientists
Other Known Members
- Sosuke N Kagamihara (Tetsuyuki pilot and operator)
- Vasser Gutenschiff (Hairbuster Riberts pilot)
- Leta Kanikoja (Tani Oh pilot)
- Sagan and Logan Gail (Shoe & Karn Pilots)
- Allen O'Neil Jr. (Allen's son)
- Beatriz (Commander of the "Frozen Brigade")
- Rapid (Supply unit officer/Rebel train conductor)
- Julia (Army Officer; Allen's girlfriend)
- Chloe (Transportation Officer/pilot)
- Izabella (Prison Warden)
- Edda (Mercenary)
- Vicky (Ice Unit)
- Dolores (Ice Unit)
- Growth & Cline
- Naomi (Instructor/Aviation Corps officer)
- Alesha (Biker)
- Jane Doe (Medic)
- Nanook (Combat-ready Polar Bear)
- Fio Germi (Double agent working for the Regular Army)
- Professor (Formerly; deserted to Martians, ex-Director of the research center)
- Percier (Formerly; deserted to Martians, Professor's assistant)
- Ariadna (Formerly; deserted to Martians for unknown reasons, ex-officer of the Rebel Army)
- Harriot (Unknown affiliation; possibly deserted to Martians, double agent)
Vehicles and Artillery
See Rebel Vehicles for In-depth overview.
- Bit Tank
- "Blaze Tank"
- Bull Chan
- Fight Cab
- Iron Iso
- LV Armor
- M-15A Bradley
- T-2B Melty Honey
- Metal Duck
- Nantes' Tank
- Recycle Box
- 3-ton Utility Truck
- 808Z Train
- Dararin Dara Dara
- Double-Decker Bus
- Ferry Boat
- Mine Carts
- MV-280 Series
- Nop-03 Sarubia
- Rebel Van
- TM-1 Missile
- Space Tank
- Walking Locomotive
- Laser Drone
- Metal Mole
- Mosque Artillery
- Patrol Robot
- "Power Generators"
- Robot Walker
- Scrap Tower
- Supervisory Camera
- Sensor Mine
Bosses and Prototypes
These are the unique vehicles in possession of the Rebel Army, designed for large scale operations and vigilance.
- Hairbuster Riberts
- Tani Oh
- Shoe & Karn
- Iron Nokana
- The Keesi II
- Aeshi Nero
- Dragon Nosuke
- Big Shiee
- Jupiter King
- Bull Drill
- Iron Sentinel
- Emain Macha
- The Keesi III
- Underground Cruise Missile
- Morden's Battleship
- Morden's Castle
- Worm Mecha
- Fall Mecha
- The Union
- Rebel Gigant
- "Rocket Control"
- "Mega Laser Turret"
- "M-32 Water Carrier Plane"
- K-O3 Coupled Armored Vehicle
- Iwa Oh
- Riviere Hyll
- Rebel VTOL
- Rebel Train
- Rebel Zeppelin
- Electromagnetic Crane
- Rebel Battleship
- Rebel Truck
- Metal Strider
- "Big Bertha"
- Terrain Carrier
- Rebel Reactor
- Rebel Submarine
- Rebel Airplane
- Rebel Rocket
- Rocket UFO
- Their symbol and uniforms are a parody of the Nazi Party with their right-sided swastikas being "X"s. The practice of replacing Swastikas with "X"s is also used in other games such as War Thunder, Warship Girls, and Azur Lane.
- Originally, in Metal Slug to Metal Slug 5, for comedic effect enemy soldiers would scream in surprise once they spotted the player. However, in Metal Slug 6, their screams had been toned down in comparison to previous entries in the series. Metal Slug 7 revitalized this tradition only for it to be once again removed in Metal Slug XX (except for the Xbox ports). However, in Metal Slug 4, the Rebels used the sound where a Rebel soldier is burned to death or gets crushed while crouching by a Slug.
|Regular Army||P.F. Squad | S.P.A.R.R.O.W.S | Ikari Warriors | Metal Device Project|
|Rebel Army||Rebel Infantry | Arabian Infantry | Future Rebels | ACE | Blaze Brigade | "Frozen Brigade"|
|Large Scale||Martians | Amadeus Syndicate | Ptolemaic Army | Invaders | Oguma Corporation|
|Small Scale||Japanese Army (Division 6) | Pirates | KOF Team | Mummy Army | Red Goblin Society | Secret Sect | Vampires | "World Military Corp." | Yuki Tsuki Hana|