Red Eye is a playable character introduced in Metal Slug: 2nd Mission.
She is a member of the Government Forces' Special Forces. On her way to investigate information regarding the sighting of a UFO at a rebel army base, she discovers that the enemy has made contact with space aliens. But she also learns that a member of PF Squad has also obtained this intel and races for the enemy base alone, hoping she's not beaten to the action.
The number below A and B represent the next mission Red Eye takes if she:
- A: Completes the mission
- B: Accesses a hidden route (H), fails to complete a Slug Flyer/Slug Sub mission (F), or completes a mission with the SV-000 Proto 2 destroyed (D).
|1||The Front Line||3||-|
|3||Dire Straits||10||5 (F)|
|7||Fatal Express||17||9 (F)|
|12||Save All Hostages!||15||-|
|15||Into the Fray||17||19 (H)|
|20||The Enemy Below||24||-|
|22||One Fell Stroke||24||25 (F)|
|24||The Ice Queen||31||30 (D)|
|29||Close Combat||32||30 (D)|
|32||Ocean Depths||35||33 (F)|
|35||Menace Out of the Skies||37||36 (F)|
|36||The Jet Stream||31||-|
In Other Games
On the 1.42.0 update, she (along with Gimlet) appears as a playable unit. She uses a Missile Pod that fires missiles one at a time rather than in a spread. Her sprites have been updated to resemble those from the main series, using Fio as a base but edited to include new sprites of her drinking tea and saluting.
She later reappears in the "Zombie Parade" event as a Pack-Shop unit, now available in the POW Shop. She appeared in the game's promotional art beforehand.
In the "Signs of Curse" event, an Invader named Lydia has been disguised as a purple-vested, green haired version of Red Eye. She accompanies Annette in their mission on Earth, however she has yet to make any story-line appearances. Lydia is able to shoot more missiles than her real counterpart. Originally a Pack-Shop unit, she is made available in the Guild Shop.
- She, Fio, Clark and Alisa are the only playable characters who wear caps.
- She seems to wield either a Luger P08 pistol or a Walther P38 in the POW list of Metal Slug Defense.
- Red Eye is erroneously named Fio in the English manual of Metal Slug: 2nd Mission.
- Like Gimlet and Tequila, she is named after a cocktail.