The Screamer (or the Wall Crawler) is the third boss of Metal Slug 5.
The Screamer is a mecha created by Ptolemaic Army, specifically designed to climb any building with ease and also demolish the building with its sonic wave.
On land surfaces, the Screamer's lower "legs" are replaced with caterpillar tracks to tread through rough terrain, leaving only the upper "legs" as its "arms".
The Screamer is controlled by an elite Special Forces commander.
In Metal Slug Attack, the Screamer has been modified for ground travel. It retains its attacks from the original game, but is also equipped with a metal barrier to protect it from non-piercing attacks.
The Screamer's main attack consists of firing three shells from its cannon at the player that can be ducked or jumped over. It will also fire a series of heat-seeking rockets or use its powerful sonic cannon to destroy the floor the player is standing on. Once in a while, the operator will get out of the unit and call in Bazooka Guerrillas from the bottom floor.
|Screamer: The original variant.|
|Jet Screamer: A purple colored variant of the Screamer. It has an enhanced acoustic weaponry for making jamming sound waves to the enemies. Appears in Metal Slug Attack.|
- The Screamer (and the entire third mission) is listed as the first boss/mission in its official concept art and the game's debug level select.
- The commander inside the Screamer has an unused animation where he is presumably seen punching or throwing something.
- Concept art shows Special Forces soldiers coming out from the Screamer's bottom hatch. Ptolemaic infantry in the game arrive from inside the building instead.
- Prior to its name reveal in Metal Slug Attack, fans called this boss the "Wall Crawler".
- The name Jet Screamer makes reference to the same name fictional musician from the cartoon The Jetsons.