While it basically uses the same ammo as a regular Heavy Machine Gun, it is, as its name implies, dual-wielding machine guns.
The Two Machine Guns are made to give a soldier more range and firepower than a pistol or a Heavy Machine Gun, while still giving them enough mobility to maneuver around a battlefield than a full-sized rifle. Unlike the Heavy Machine Gun, the Two Machine Guns' bullets cannot arc diagonally. While it is a powerful weapon, it has a tendency to eat up ammo quickly, using ammo twice as fast as the Heavy Machine Gun. The guns in the above picture are modeled after an Uzi or a MAC-10, as they don't have separate magazine sprites.
In Metal Slug 5, a fat character is able to hold the Two Machine Guns in Mission 1. In this state, the guns will turn into large wooden guns and the bullets act as two fat versions of the Heavy Machine Gun.
Marco, Tarma, and Trevor wave their guns around should they finish a mission with the Two Machine Guns in hand. Fio, Ralf, and Clark will instead use their secondary animation with their guns in hand.
A Two Machine Guns crate contains 200 ammo in Metal Slug 4 and 300 ammo in Metal Slug 5.
|Metal Slug 6||Easy||400||600||200||N/A|
|Metal Slug 7/XX||Beginner||600||900||300||720|
|Metal Slug 4|
|Metal Slug 5|
|Metal Slug 3D|
|Metal Slug 6 and Metal Slug 7|
|Metal Slug XX|
- Unused sprites in Metal Slug 5 showcase the fat characters dying while holding on their disintegrating Two Machine Guns. In actual gameplay, they merely drop their guns before popping. 
- Similarly, Ralf and Clark have unused, gun-waving victory animations similar to Marco and Tarma. 
- In Metal Slug Defense and Metal Slug Attack, Trevor has it as his normal attack. However, he uses his standard victory animation.
- Metal Slug 3D
- ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug 4 in-game manual, pg.8
- The Spriters Resource, Marco sprite sheet (last few rows), https://www.spriters-resource.com/neo_geo_ngcd/ms5/sheet/32210/
- The Spriters Resource, Clark sprite sheet (last few rows), https://www.spriters-resource.com/arcade/ms6/sheet/38894/
|Standard||Handgun (Murder .50AE | Murder Model-1915 .38 Mk.1Am) | AR-10 | M-3685 | M60|
|Limited||Heavy Machine Gun | Rocket Launcher | Flame Shot | Shotgun | Laser Gun | Iron Lizard | Super Grenade | Enemy Chaser | Drop Shot | Two Machine Guns | Zantetsu Sword | Thunder Shot|
|Bombs||Grenade | Fire Bomb | Stone | Earring Bomb | Smoke Bomb | Monolith | Snowball|
|Melee||Knife | Tonfa | Hatchet | Tomahawk | Punching Glove | Stun Gun | Wrench | Vulcan Punch | Argentine Backbreaker | Moon Slasher|
|Other||AA Machine Gun | Thunder Cloud | Mobile Satellite | Armor Piercer | Anti-Materiel Rifle | Freeze Gun|