The Rebel Army needed some submarines for underwater battles. Thus, the engineers of the Rebellion came with the remotely-operated U25U. It is bigger and heavier than the Mini-Sub 88. The U25U fires guided energy balls from its top hatch.
The U25U has two different attack patterns:
- It fires either four or five energy shots that position themselves horizontally then travel vertically all at once at the player's position.
- It fires four energy balls at travel in tandem. These lock onto the player's position by moving horizontally first then vertically off the screen one by one.
|Brown Version: The original version.|
|Black Version: Less common and weaker than the brown version in every way.|
- The U25U is based on the German U-Boats.
- The U25U takes a resemblance to the minor enemies from In The Hunt.
- An unused variant of the U25U would've opened its side hatches to deploy Marine Divers.
- Mr. Beacon00. "Metal Slug 3 Unused object U25U submarine opening side hatches". YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKR8DK7MxI