The Ptolemaic engineers produced these suits based on the data they had about the LV Armor. They altered the design, removing the cockpit canopy and replacing it with a sensor eye system to provide more protection to the pilot. The Ptolemaics had created several variants of them, with weapons ranging from miniguns to claws with fold-out cannons, but even though they were built using the most advanced materials available to the Ptolemaics (accounting for their high in-game health when using lower-level infantry weapons), heavier infantry weapons and vehicle-mounted cannons still destroy them.
|MG Unit: This unit is the fastest, and is armed with a minigun on each arm. it fires 3-round bursts from the right arm-mounted weapon and uses the a backpack ammo supply similar to that of the Rebel minigunner. This is only variant that has multiple sensor eyes instead of the single eye seen on the others.|
|Space MG Unit: A variant of the original MG unit possessing slightly higher durability, but fires a much more longer burst of machine gun fire. Appears in Metal Slug Attack.|
- In the Metal Slug 5 arcade flyer, the Units appear to have teeth. One of them is also seemingly an aerial version which looks like a hybrid plane/Unit. These are never actually fought as enemies in the game.
- One of these Units with the "shark smile" can be seen under construction in the last section of MS5's third mission, but it can't be seen very well, and another one can be seen under construction in tower section of mission 5.
- The bulkier one could be an early concept of the "Armor Unit".
- On the cover of the PS2 release of MS5, behind the heroes you can see a Unit. Once again it appears to have teeth and seems to have a single eye on one side of its head, rather than in the middle as the Units have in game.
- This was probably another Unit that should've made an appearance in the game, but due to the game being rushed, it never made an appearance.
- There were other versions of the Units that were set to appear in the game, like the Plane/Sub hybrid Unit, the "underbite" and "overbite" Units as well.
- The Plane/Sub Unit may have been originally set to appear in an unknown air level and/or the underwater levels of Mission 4.
- In Metal Slug Defense, the Gunner Unit and Armor Unit's names were erroneously spelled as "Gunnner Unit" and "Amor Unit" respectively.
- The Gunner unit was supposed to have a Gatling gun instead of its left claw. The one on the arcade flyer has multiple sensors.
|Enemy Vehicles and Armed Structures|
|Combat||Di-Cokka | Bull Chan | Girida-O | Iron Iso | Melty Honey | MV-280B | Mini-Bata | M-15A Bradley | LV Armor | MV-280C|
|Support||MV-280A | Dararin Dara Dara | 3-ton Utility Truck | Landseek | Nop-03 Sarubia | M-3 Rocket Launch Support Van | Double-Decker Bus | MG-36 | Ferry Boat | Subway | Turrets | Morden Saucer | Walking Locomotive | Mine Carts|
|Aerial||R-Shobu | MH-6J Masknell | Flying Tara | Eaca-B|
|Marine||Hammer-Yang | Jet Hammer-Yang | U25U | Mini-Sub 88|
|Vigilance||Mosque Artillery | Balor | Scrap Tower|
|Division 6||Japanese Tank Soldier | Null Fighter|
|Ptolemaic||Black Hound | Hover Vehicle | Hover Unit | A.P.C. | Ptolemaic Slug | Units | Ptolemaic Saucer | Mammoth Tower|
|Unused||KT-21 | Stone Turtle | Scrap Fan|